Sunday, April 19, 2015

how to be happy

keep your head up princess, your tiara is falling.


Happiness is something everyone strives to achieve, but only some truly receive. But the truth of the matter is, nobody but you can make you happy. You don't need the perfect job or a boyfriend to feel good about yourself. Today I am going to share my top 10 tips on how to be happy every day.

1. smile It's amazing what a smile can do to lift your mood. The next time you're driving to school or work just smile and your mood will instantly improve. If you want to take it to the next step, smile at someone else. Not only will you brighten your day, but also theirs.

2. turn off your phone Trust me, I know this is hard. I'm the person who wakes up every morning and grabs her phone within five minutes. Next time your feeling stressed, just turn off your phone. Or if that stresses you out even more, just turn it on silent. You will feel calmer and more serene without the constant buzzing of emails and twitter updates.

3. drink water and eat fruit A good diet will always boost your mood, but eating healthy 24/7 can be challenging. I recommend keeping a water bottle with you to help inspire you to actually drink, and after a few days it will become a habit. Eating fruit just makes me happy so I recommend it to all of you.

4. curl up with your favorite book I mean your all-time favorite book. The one you recite word for word and the one you quote on a daily basis. Just take a half hour out of your day to sit on your favorite couch and read about your favorite characters. Your mood will improve instantly.

5. go on a walk- or if you're really adventurous- a jog. I am not the first to say I despise running. Although I do love a nice walk around my neighborhood with my dogs just to soak up some vitamin D and enjoy the fresh air. After being stuck inside all winter there is nothing like a walk through the park to make me feel happy. Even though running isn't my cup of tea, every once in a while when I'm filled with energy, I will take a nice one mile jog around my neighborhood and it actually makes me feel good. I blame it on the endorphins.

6. pamper yourself You deserve to feel good... and look good. Not feeling that great? Get in the shower and take time washing your hair and shaving. Then put on your favorite smelling lotion and face mask while waiting for your nails to dry. No one is ever upset after a good pamper session.

7. hang out with your best friend Best friends make everything better. They are the person who makes you laugh 'till you cry, holds your hand during tough times, and never passes up the opportunity to do something crazy. 'Cause friends don't let friends do silly things... alone.

8. write down what's bothering you This one is pretty self-explanatory, but write down what you are feeling then read it back. It will help give you a new perspective and improve your mood.

9. start a project for fun This does not mean a project for school or for work. You can paint, draw, re-vamp your bedroom, start a blog, do anything that will make you happy. Channeling your energy into something fun will make all your worries disappear.

10. focus on the now Aka don't look back at the past or forward into the future. This isn't something to do all the time because it is definitely good to plan your future (to a point). But every once in a while try to stop worrying about things you can't control and focus on making your current life happy.

I challenge you to consciously think about doing three of these ideas every time you feel less than happy. If you have any other suggestions leave them in the comments so we can all learn more! Ciao for now.
Hannah xx

3 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster award! http://unknownkc.blogspot.hk/2015/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post! I have nominated your for a Liebster Award over at my blog http://cosysocksblog.blogspot.co.uk/. If you answer the questions let me know in the comments and I will go and check out your post.

    Bernadette :)

    ReplyDelete