Sunday, March 22, 2015

travel makeup essentials

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13882279/?claim=yk67n6kpqyk">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

With spring break right around the corner and the promise of sunshine just a 15-hour car ride away, it's time to start putting together the perfect travel makeup bag.


Wether you are going away on vacation or just to a friend's house for an over-night, hopefully you can find some inspiration from my travel essentials and start putting together your perfect bag.

First things first, you need a makeup bag. When choosing the perfect bag you need to focus on 3 things. Where your going, how long you will be gone, and what's going into the bag. For example, say your going on a camping trip. I would recommend something waterproof, small (so it's easy to pack), and durable. Now, say your going on a month long trip to New York City. You need a bigger bag and you can afford to bring something a bit less durable and more fashionable, for it will just be sitting in your hotel.

Next is the fun part. The makeup. What you bring is completely up to you. I recommend keeping it light, there is no need to bring 3 different foundations and 5 various shades of red lipstick. Start by packing your simple, everyday makeup. Then you can add a small eyeshadow palette (try to find one that is versatile. I recommend the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) and your favorite lipstick. The goal is not to bring your entire makeup collection, but to pick and choose the ultimate products.

Here are a few of the items I can never leave without!

With it's natural finish and unique gel formula, this is always in my bag.

The matte finish is perfect for a contour and bronzer, plus it smells like chocolate!

This is a fool-proof product that combs, colors, and tames your brows all in one.

Perfect for those of us who need a formula that will hold a curl.
It lasts all day and never flakes.

I recently jumped on the bandwagon for this and I am so glad I did.
It is very moisturizing and let's be honest, the packaging is what really sold me!

Let me know in the comments what your travel makeup essentials are, as well as any tips you may have. Ciao for now!

Hannah xx


7 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love to read beauty travel posts :P I think my favorite products to take on a trip are multitaskers like Nars multiple orgasm, Vitazing by origins...

    ibelieveinrosa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to try one of the Nars multiples for so long! Now I know you like them I may have an excuse to purchase one...
      Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah
    I find your lovely blog today, I like the products you bring to travel, for me a face mask will be essential too, it can help the skin feel better after long distance flight XD

    http://humancatuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Face masks are definitely a must have! People always look at me strange when I wear one but they're so good for my skin I don't care:)

      Delete
  3. I feel like we need to be friends! I love gimme brow, because it's so portable and eyebrows are kind of just like the frame to a good looking face. I also bring ALL the lotion, and makeup remover wipes (I always fall asleep in flight. when I wake up my makeup is everywhere and I look not adorable.)

    :) Robin
    robineylea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yes I'm addicted to all things lotion-y! So moisturizers and Chapstick are ALWAYS with me:)

      Delete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.stop for travel enthusiasts I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete